The ASM Materials Education Foundation awards five $800 grants annually to the Material Advantage Chapters for proposed projects that advance the ASM Foundation’s mission of engaging students to pursue careers in materials science and engineering.
Proposal must contain:
- Description of project or activity
- Timeline of activities
- Costs associated with the project
A successful project must:
- Be submitted on or before the deadline
- Involve K-12 outreach
- Outline objectives clearly
- Outline the methodology to achieve objectives
- Indicate tangible outcome(s)
- Demonstrate creativity
- Show a likelihood of success
Proposals must be received by April 30th.
A subcommittee of the Action in Education Committee reviews the proposals. Grants will be awarded in May.
Submit your proposal electronically to Jeane Deatherage at email@example.com,
Or mail to:
ASM Materials Education Foundation
c/o Student Chapter Grants
9639 Kinsman Road
Materials Park, OH 44073-0002