This week-long, hands-on lab experience shows educators how to use applied engineering techniques in their classroom. ASM Teachers Camp is an idea-generating workshop introducing teachers to methods that make math and core science principles more enticing and relevant to their middle and high school students. Materials topics are great motivators in any engineering, technology or science course as students complete projects of personal worth to them.
- The camp is FREE for attendees. Participants are eligible to receive four (4) Continuing Education
Units (CEUs) and can opt for two (2) graduate level credits.
- Educators work hands-on with metals, ceramics, polymers, and composites, and develop a greater appreciation
for the importance of these materials in modern life.
- Teachers Camp is a proven program that strengthens the curriculum in Science, Technology, Engineering and
- Post camp evaluations reveal that 97% of participants will incorporate the experiments and concepts learned
in their classrooms.
Who Should Attend?
- High School Teachers: Science (especially Chemistry and
Physical Science), Engineering, and Industrial/Career and Technical Education
- Middle School Teachers: Physical Science
- Pre-Service Science Teachers
- Art, Math, and Community College Teachers as space allows
- Learn how to engage your students using simple, low-cost
experiments that you can integrate into your existing lesson plans
- Help your students discover career opportunities in science
Learn more about the program